Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Quirky-Berserky




I was tagged by queering domesticity to tell you about six unspectacular quirks I possess

Her's are too funny. French-fries! No jokes, she has me in hysterics that one.

The rules say to tag 6 people but I think only 4 people read this thing so I'm breaking the chain in my usual slacker style. Here goes...

1. I have to rip paper up into smaller pieces before I throw it into the recycling. If I just throw a piece in un-ripped it feels wrong.

2. I find washing dishes meditative, it's my zen thinking time. I actually enjoy washing dishes, cutlery and glassware. Plastic containers and pots not so much. 

3. I never EVER share a nail file, not even with my partner, it just grosses me out for some reason.

4. I can't wear skivvies or other high collars that rest on the neck, they make me feel hot and bothered and strangulated. Scarves are fine though.

5. I have to completely empty my bag at the end of the day and put every thing in it's place, even if I will just have to repack it in the morning. I can't get to sleep if my bag is unpacked.

6. I feel like I've lived in Melbourne before, in the 1920's, 30's and 40's. when I see pictures of Melbourne from those times I feel like that's how it's supposed to look, like I relate better to it then than now.

3 comments:

Kirti said...

you are quirky delicious lovely lady and thank GODS you chose to keep a blog. You are a natural writer me thinks.

blackie said...

I'm so with you on the skivvies. I like your past life theory. Now I'm going to be watching myself for similar feelings about a place.

Ali and Evan said...

i love the dishpit...standing in one place rocks...instant gratification also rocks...spacing out mentally...it's almost like a mini vacation.