Friday, August 29, 2008

Toys R Us



Please tell me how it happened. Where did all these f#@$ing toys come from? The house is over run with little plastic nicky-nacky-noos and so begins a mission to rid this house of crapola.

We're keeping the craft-box, the Lego, the Magnetix, the dress-ups, the train-set, the knights and castle, the pirates, a box of super hero figurines, a box of cars and bears for bed. Phew! Still sounds like a heap and that's after the cull. I think I need to go Steiner on the Toybox's ass...

The bears have been there from day one and are still going strong. Neuman, Snuffy the dog, Brown Bear Mini, Happy Leopard and Cozy Lion. (and yes, not technically all bears)

How's this for a creepy bear?

Spied over at the kingdom of style.

Apparently $14,000 dollars worth of bear. A Steiff but still... Come on people. No.

My sister was introduced to KL once. He gave an air-kiss on each cheek in the typical Euro style and she still walked away with a thick layer of make up and wig powder for her trouble.

I would much rather these bears any day.

2 comments:

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I constantly fight the battle against plastic crapolla, it seems to multiply in the bottom of drawers! My mantra at the beginning of the year was to 'buy well, buy once' - it's not holding up at the moment! We NEED a cull too!!

blackie said...

plastic fantastic...not! my sister's house is over-run with crates and crates AND CRATES of plastic toys. I am so determined not to let it happen here...I can see hoe easily it does though.

As for that bear...I'm abit lost for words. Is he for real? What's with the pose? The positioning of the bear is even a bit risque! Just plain weird. A case of more money than sense I think!