Saturday, November 29, 2008

Let It Go.


The scan I had did not show anything untoward. My gall bladder and liver are nice and healthy. Good to know. So why am I wringing my hands, growling at the kids and chewing the f@#k out of the inside of my mouth?

I found a two inch long white and wiry hair standing to attention on top of my head on Thursday. I yoinked it. The Hippy Schmippy Book says grey hairs equal stress, a belief in pressure and strain. The thing is I need to stop believing this malarky. Now please.

An ex-employee with some hard core issues keyed our car last week and has been ringing at night and disturbing our sleep. When you have two small children and run a cafe trust me, sleep is vital.

The suicide of one of our customers also brought up past shite.

It's time to start looking for the gift in every negative situation, just because those who came or went before me believed in pressure and strain doesn't mean i have to. Ease please!

Two beautiful men died. I will create something worthwhile, something other than hot air and negativity. I'm going to sew all my fabrics collected on travels into a bed spread. Starting today.

Watching The Labyrinth, dancing to The Police with two little Leos and playing with Lego ain't no strain! This the best morning I've had in awhile. We're off to a local fete now. I hope you all have a special, beautiful weekend.

3 comments:

home girl said...

go girl - good to hear u've got your chin up. looking forward to seeing some snaps of the bedspred creation. btw am intrigued to know which cafe is yours (how do u do it must b such a juggle) any chance u could email me if get a chance - would love to come visit claerwen@claerwen.com xx

Kirti said...

Loving you from the mountains honey

shula said...

DO NOT pull the grey hairs out.

You will wind up bald.

Embrace your grey.

And this will all pass.

(but the pox on Disgruntled Employee. That's just a rotten thing to do, and he'll get his). I don't hesitate in those situations to have my number changed. Telstra can be very responsive when you tell them you're getting threatening phone calls. Play it up and you'll have a new number for free by close of trade that day.