Friday, September 12, 2008

Spring Fling.


Wowzer. The de-clutter bug is going through my house like a dose of the salts. With a promise to be ruthless, I pulled clothes out onto my bed, drawer by drawer. I tossed odd socks, stained tees and past-it knickers into the cleaning-rag bag.

I tried everything else on. Anything clean and good but no longer for me went into the op-shop pile. All the heavy winter things went into a big suit case that all the summer stuff had just come out of. I cleaned my shoes. I polished some boots and stuffed paper in them to keep them straight over summer. I'm even getting through my alterations, taking up pants just in time for shorts weather. 

*sigh* 

I got rid of about a third of my clothes! The majority were sent to charity for someone else to buy and love which is nice. I feel lighter and it's actually easier to get dressed in the morning so it's a shame that I'm waking up all stuffy. I had to take an anti-histamine today. Yuck. The cold of last week seems to have triggered the hay fever I had for a few years before getting pregnant. Must remember to take my zinc/C powder.


We made some critters today.

bear, dog, snowman



dragonfly, pig, bird


4 comments:

blackie said...

I just did the exact same thing! I love cleaning out my wardrobe. Yuck to hayfever, I get it too but so far so good this season (I've probably jinxed it now). Fun critters!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Nothing like a bit of desfenstration to get the air cleared! I've been doing the same thing around here - mainly cause I need to make room for the stuff I bring in!

Cute crtitters!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Sorry, that's 'defenestration' missed an 'e'! I'm such a crap spelller!

Kirti said...

Oh Ms Aims I'm hanging on every nesting word. Looking forward to having a nest of our own soon so we can invite you to it. xx