Saturday, September 6, 2008

Calling all Deities.

There's a bug going around and Bubble and I have been afflicted. Crossing fingers and actually praying to God, Buddha and Ganesh that he doesn't need steroids. Again.

I'm not actually very sick just running hot and cold and cloudy in the brain. I refuse to get bad. I'm really being very kind to myself and napping on the couch with Bubs which is not like my usual 'keep going until I break' health plan.

This house is being transformed, it started with the toys and has now hit the pile that was once a kitchen table. We've been eating in front of the telly for umm... quite awhile. Pretty much since I pulled out my sewing box and made all kinds of promises about finishing this task or that. There are a shit load of excuses going on and it doesn't help that the house is too small to allow for a designated sewing area. Wahhhh!

My Mum always served our evening meal at the kitchen table. NO telly. Just 3 kids sitting around a little kitchen table (lot's of good memories) Sometimes we ate at the dining table with Mum and her Boyfriend. (lot's of bad memories)

When I left home I went to live with my Boyfriend's family for 3 months. They ate dinner together every night, Mat's family were the same. When my kids look back over their childhood I don't want them to think sitting in front of the telly and eating is normal or parents eating at a different table to the kids is normal. 

I have always loved our family sitting around the table chattering and laughing so today I am going to move all my shit and start relishing my kids and food in a way I haven't for quite a few weeks.

Health warning: Eating dinner in front of the telly for weeks on end can have a negative effect.

Squeak 2005

Fortunately the effects are reversible. Oi Squeak! Is that Mat's famous pumpkin and leek lasagna?

2 comments:

Kirti said...

May that spring sun come beaming down into the cells of you and yours, rendering them immune to any further unsavoury inhabitants. See you soon lovely ones.

Emi R said...

hello mrs bradley :)
sorry this is my drama blog so if you wanna reply, i suggest facebook messages.
wanted to call last night but our phone is broken at the mo.

how are the boys?
hope you and bubbles are feeling a whole load better.
cant wait till christmas dude!

miss you
xxx