Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hi-five.

Pic from takomabibelot 's photo stream on Flickr.

Pic via takobibelot 's photos stream on Flickr.

Bubble and Squeak turned 5 on the first of August.
Those lovely little Leos!

I skived-off karate and we all went to Paula's for the night. She made one of her famous curries and we cracked a bottle of Dad's red and let the kid's go loco. Then the seven of us spent the rest of the evening watching 'Chicken Run' in sleeping bags on the lounge room floor.

This fifth anniversary has me thinking how time flies and about the 'human-ness' of calendars and dates. Sure seasons change and come and go but calendars are man-made. Spring doesn't start on the first of September because a date on the wall says so. It starts with green shoots and a frisky feeling. A quickening.

Rather morbidly, I wake with a sore neck on the anniversary of my friends (hanging) suicide every year (even though I've always completely forgotten about it... every year) When I do put two-and-two together and say a little prayer for him, the pain is gone within ten minutes. It used to freak me out but now I'm fine with it.

In other news, Bettina Bernina is back. We have a play-date on Monday.

1 comment:

Kirti said...

Hi lovely and Happy Birthday love to the boys!! What a great night with the family. Precious life. See you soon for a play date too!!??