Friday, July 4, 2008

Front and Centred.





With a lovely purging case of gastro to clean out the cobwebs, the week from hell is dead and buried. I wiped every surface with tea tree oil, got some sleep and knitted to distract myself.

I finished the back of the vest. So there. The back is behind us.

Now for the front. This is the first time I've tried something this tricky. I like the rhythm of it. It takes more concentration than rib but I like the 'not thinking' aspect. I've been thinking waaaaay too much. Worrying.

So needles in hand, a knitting pattern (with a graph!), a stack of half read books, a child who is happily going off to kinda and three garbage bags for the charity shop I'm ready to let go of what was behind me and face the front.

3 comments:

Kirti said...

hallelujah! Good to hear lovely. You're a real knitter, like, not just scarves...wow. I'm impressed. I'm about to tackle socks. It's true. knitting and meditation, one and same.

Meaghan said...

Hello there! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I'm looking forward to a long and happy blog-swappin'-friendship.

And thank you for the advice about allergies...I always tell myself to abstain from the tomatoes, but I can't. They're like honey to a bee for me. :-)

Ali and Evan said...

I see you are a fellow cafe owner...my condolences. No, but seriously, thanks for posting a comment on our blog. Best of luck to you in Melbourne!