Monday, November 17, 2008

Raw Like Sushi.


The first part of the week had me feeling like a plate of chopped liver. We kept ourselves busy on the weekend, a birthday party on Saturday and a BBQ in the park Sunday arvo.

Hanging with kinder buddies and their parentals, treasured customers and ex-staff/honorary family members was good for the soul. A pleasant ending to a pretty tough week. Oh and the wine helped.

One of those weeks where an old wound opens and you realize that the last time you sewed yourself up you left a few surgical instruments in there. So I'm working hard on my little mangled, angry heart. You see, it's a bit tender and it likes to think it's invincible and untouchable and that if I keep it in a box on 'the high shelf' it will just be fine, 'thank-you-very-much'

I think I'll stop that from now on. It's exhausting.

I picked my son up on Saturday and appear to have given myself a very slight hernia so I'm having a scan on friday to check it out. btw I looked hernia up in the 'Hippy Shmippy Health Manual of Causes' and it signifies 'strain and burden'. WOO. No surprises there.

I've graduated from chopped liver to sushi. I'm hoping for dark chocolate with a soft caramel centre by this time next week. We shall see...

Oh yessiree Ulterior Epicure!

3 comments:

home girl said...

certainly sounds like a tuff week. i find it only takes a little push for the mum to unravel. sounds like u have a lot on your plate at the best of times. hope u can find a way to get some time to yourself. wine is always a great alternative! so sorry to hear about your friends - can't imagine how hard it would be to come 2 terms with such tradgedy. xxxx

Kirti said...

oh my lovely, may the embodiment of chocolate provide some relief and the blessed fact of impermanence take care of the rest in due time. Big love xx

blackie said...

oh jesus. you could be talking about me with all that open wound stuff. feel like i am walking around with a gaping hole in my chest and guts spilling out. will try to fill it with chocolate...know it won't work, but fuck it! Seriously thinking about running away...but damn breastfeeding baby! In solidarity i stand with you...sushi hearts!