Thursday, October 9, 2008

What are words worth?


msaims goes to school, K.L Malaysia 1981
Next week my ickle bublets go to their prep orientation and next year they are starting school. Yikes!! Perhaps it's time for me to start correcting a few of the very cute but incorrect words they use.

For example...

fancy renstarant = a nice restaurant
caresil = careful
poisontous = poisonous
advelet = advert

"I saw an advelet on TV for a fancy renstarant but we have to be very carecil because they serve poisontous puffer fish sushi."

See what I mean?

Not phased though, I called rollerskates skolleraters til I was 6 and I turned out okay, right?

Do any kids you know use words that crack you up?

5 comments:

blackie said...

hee hee too cute! I am looking forward to all that. No funny words as yet, just lots of mummum and daddad.

home girl said...

OMG u r such a cute poppet. i am loving your dress and wanting a big copy! it also sounds v cute the boys both misspronouncing the same words - how adorable!

my fav winterism is calling apples bapples

baxi calls winter 'deeeta' which sounds pritty cute. they have lots more but they stand out as my favs

btw your 'tim tam finger' comment was hysterical! xx

shula said...

They'll self-correct soon enough. Enjoy it while you still can.

We still use sayings like that at home. To this day, the microwave is called the michaelwave, and the tv remote the 'emote'.

Silver Bee said...

that's cute... i've got to pop my bapple crumble in the michaelwave.

yishyene said...

HAHA that is so cute! My little sister (she's 13 years younger than me) used to say:

Ba.. hai - butterfly
Yubbish - rubbish
Yabbin - rubbish bin
Bockley - broccoli

:P