Saturday, October 4, 2008

Me. As a flower.




Oh yeah, Life's good.

This morning I noticed that I was nominated for a blog award by Claire at 'ethel loves fred'. Nice. Then when I saw I was chosen in the same fine company as Esther from 'the ruth spoon' it was even more nicer!

These two ladies have a lot of smarts, sparkle and wit. Truly! They seem like two great gals and the craft! BLIMEY! I also like oggling the pictures of their daughters because I have two sons and I'm done with the baby making.

 Not long after my friend Adrian popped over for a surprise visit. He has been living in Hanoi for a few years. 

We are both lousy at keeping in contact and we hadn't spoken for erm... *cough* 2 years but we always seem to pick up exactly where we left off. Don't ya love mates like that??

I didn't know he had come home or that he had TA-DA! A new wife! I got to blow his socks off with the news of my own marriage which he is partly responsible for as I wouldn't have met mat if he hadn't let his spare room to him. The boys also made a cafe and pretend feast for him which was a giggle.

Now we are off to a first Birthday party. Another little girl to moon over and special hugs for the Mama and Papa whose meeting and blossoming relationship I was luckily enough to witness on a so called 'Girl's Holiday' in Byron Bay. (No shit! They were married 3 months later!) 

I haven't seen these guy's for erm... *cough* 4 years. 
Hey, I'm a great friend in spirit okay!

Have you ever had the feeling that you're a big giant peony rose unfurling? No? Well, that's how I feel today. 

Is it spring energy or just me getting the arse out of my shell? Not quite sure either way and I know it's a bit cheesy but how could you pick fault with me when i'm this lush, exquisite and lovely.

1 comment:

blackie said...

I have always dreamed of making a dress like an upturned peony rose. Layers and layers of pink. I reckon it'd feel fab.