Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tagged by Skeleton Woman.


Six things I liked today...

My morning coffee.
Every morning, tick-tock at 8 o'clock a latte finds it's way into my sleepy hands. Today I got to drink it before it was cold.

My wedding ring.
Even though I keep forgetting to wear it, I love this ring. I first saw it made in sterling silver at Ditto Day in Fitzroy. It was meant to be, each stamp signifies something personal and special to mat and I. The bull: Mat is a Taurean. The hand: The first initial in each of our names spell out the word P.A.L.M. and the horse shoe is for Luck in Love. I adore it's gently undulating edges. We had our rings made in white gold by the talented jeweller Ali Alexander, wonderful Melbourne designer.

Succulents.
Such hardy beauty.

Listening to the B.B.C.online.
I like listening to radio 4. So much better than Australian radio. (Far, far too many ads.) There are so many fantastic programs, today I listened to a radio-play of an Agatha Christie's 'Poirot'.

I got organised.Today I put some photos that were floating around in ice-cream containers into albums. I like looking back and feeling nostalgic. These ones were pics of the early days of our relationship up until the birth of the boys.

Kids doing kid stuff.It's never boring in this house as we've built up quite a stash of dress-ups. Who needs telly?

I tag 'The Ruth Spoon'. I would read anything this gal wrote, including her shopping list.


3 comments:

blackie said...

ah shucks. i will do the deed in my next post. beautiful ring. I like the protective symbolism of hands.

Kirti said...

Hi sweetness, I love the ring too, what a wonderful symbol. Will come for a visit soon and discuss temporary single parenting! Love ya xx

Red Hen (dette) said...

Oh boy I hate those adds too- unfortunately I have produced one child who is a fan of mainstream radio. Fortunately my son and I actually share a similar music taste so Chicky Babe is most often out voted.