Sunday, June 22, 2008

Me?! Dis-organised?!



La Tricoteuse (Knitting Woman) painted by Jean Metzinger in 1919.


Over the summer I knitted four scarves, one for each member of the family. 

I always end up knitting in the heat these days. It seems like the worst time to play with wool but my knitting projects don't move as quickly now that I have twins so I have to get in early. The cafe also closes for 3-4 weeks in Dec/Jan and as I start to relax, I get the urge to make stuff.

I also started a vest with some of the left over scarf wool but when I went to get more, the colour had sold out. Feeling mildly peeved but not wanting to throw in the towel, I decided to introduce another colour to the mix. Unfortunately I hadn't checked my purse before I left the house and I had to leave two of the balls behind at the checkout. 


The next day I went back to get them and that wool had sold out as well. Argh! It was turning into 'Josephine and her Amazing Technicolor dream-vest'. 



Poster design for the 1981 theater production of 
'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' Patrick Hughes

Needless to say, the project was shoved into the bowels of my knitting box and will probably be unravelled one day. 

Now I'm eager to start a new project, at a more sensible time of the year too. Another vest. This time I took my pattern and enough money. I even bought wool from the same dye lot. The only hitch is that I can't actually find the wool...

2 comments:

Kirti said...

Oh lordy what a tum, splendid, to be revered for ever more. Come on over honey bun, we'd love to see you. Just got back from the country, home now and awaiting your visit xxxxxxxxx

Kirti said...

And we shuffle off the wee ones into bed knowing it was a good day for us all....we loved hanging out with you too, let's do it again soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx